Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Perspective

I have been blessed to have a pretty easy past 5 days. No major stressors. I enjoyed Easter with my family. Therapy did not send me into a tailspin yesterday. All in all I can't complain.

Tonight I'm sitting in a hospital room with my best friend and her husband watching American Idol. My best friend's husband has been in and out of the hospital a lot over the past 3 months. Frustratingly, doctors are having a difficult time figuring out what the problem(s) are so they can treat and/or fix them. He is the main provider for their family. They have two small children and have medical bills that are piling, not to mention practically no income for the past 3 months. God is blessing them through gifts from family and friends and all of their needs are being met. Their children are being well cared for, and they are at the best hospital in the region. However, 9 days into this particular hospital stay, they're still trying to figure out how to help him. Right now, it's a wait and see kind of thing.

Their current situation doesn't make me feel guilty about my struggles over the past week with my mostly non life-threatening situations, however it does help me put things into perspective. I am holding down a steady job, taking a grad class, keeping up with my boyfriend, and still managing to have mostly good days. I am so blessed!!!

Yes, I still have a long way to go in my healing process. Lots of parts still have issues to work through. Feelings and emotions need to be better handled so they're not always overwhelming. Plenty to do to keep us in therapy for awhile, but ya know, I am still a very blessed person.

Occasionally I think I forget how many things I have going for me, and it's good to be reminded how blessed I really am.... not to feel guilty for when I feel bad but to help remind me of all the things I have positive in my life and all of the reasons I want to keep living and keep healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment