Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Post

I'm not quite sure the direction this blog will take. I'm not sure if anyone will read it. I'm not sure I'm even going to be good at this. What I am sure of is that I need an outlet. A mostly anonymous outlet to talk about my life. A few of my good friends have been blogging for awhile, but I've stayed a traditional journal girl. Not quite sure where the desire to blog online is coming from, but I'm obliging to it. I'm sure it's coming from somewhere inside.

I guess a little introduction would be nice. I am actually a "we". I was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder in 1999. Around the same time I received diagnoses of PTSD and Major Depression, and began what has been 10 years of off and on therapy with several different therapists. Some have been excellent. Some I wish I could forget. I've been with my current therapist for almost 3 years, and she's fantastic! She's done more to help our system than all of the rest of our therapists put together. We actually feel like we're on our way to healing now instead of using therapy just to try and stay alive. Things are not easy. Winter seems to be our hardest time of year, but so far we're making it safely and one day at a time.

I just created this blog on a whim, but I'm already glad we did. I need to stop for now and figure out where we want this blog to go. We'll post again soon and hopefully over time, learn to share and not be so vague. Maybe something we write here to help us will help someone else along the way.

Anything is possible at this point..

No comments:

Post a Comment