Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Appeal Denied!

Alas, my appeal to insurance company #1 was denied. I must say I'm not surprised. You think they'd have taken more than a day to make a decision after all of the paperwork we sent them. At least this time they picked a real reason. I don't consider it valid, b/c mental health coverage is bull crap these days and no reason they can give to not cover me is valid, but they did at least pick an accurate mental diagnosis from my medical record. Well I'm not sure if Prolonged PTSD really exists as a diagnosis, but I know PTSD does.

Here's my denial letter:

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for providing additional information to us regarding the decline of your application for Personal Health Coverage.

We have re-evaluated our original decision based on the information already available to us and the new information you provided. Unfortunately, we are unable to alter our original decision at this time. Your records document treatment for Prolonged Prosttraumatic Stress Disorder. This results in your continued decline for coverage. If you wish to be reconsidered you will need to submit your complete medical and behavioral health records for review.

Blah, blah, blah, HIPAA Crap, blah, blah, blah (my interpretation of the next paragraph)

Sincerely,

Individual Health Underwriting Department

Seriously??? Sincerely? Yeah sure. Whatever. Insurance company #2 accepted me, so they'll get my money for the next year. Insurance co #1's loss. Idiots. They weren't going to be paying my mental health coverage and my physical health is great, so they're basically missing out on free money. Their loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment