Thursday, February 18, 2010

Too much to do. Not enough sleep.

This pretty much sums up my life over the past week. Nothing horrible has happened, and for that I am very thankful. But I am EXHAUSTED!!!!! I feel like I hit the ground running last Wednesday and haven't stopped. Trying to fit in work, classes, my practicum, intensified wedding planning, bible study, quality time with my fiance', and time with other important people in my life has left me feeling like a chicken with my head cut off..... And with all this going on, I had to give up a therapy session this week (which wasn't the end of the world, but I hate not having time for therapy) and I haven't been able to talk to a good friend who not only helps me unwind and sort through messes in my head that I create from time to time, but also doesn't demand anything from me other than that I just sorta be around.

It's all just normal life stuff this week, and I know part of it is readjusting to a 40+ hour work week and a social life. I had neither of those in the Fall. I also think if I ever got a truly good night's sleep more than once in a blue moon that would help too. It's so frustrating being this tired even when I know it's normal. I hate feeling like I'm going to break down sobbing if I have to do one more thing today. I did back out of tonight's plans b/c I just didn't feel we could handle it. I think that was a smart move and thankfully fiance' was gracious about it, even though I'm not sure he understands.

Hopefully resting tonight and no plans on Saturday will help me function better next week. I'm gonna need the energy. We're about to hit some rough stuff in therapy.

Okay. Going to stop for tonight. Having trouble stringing thoughts together. Think I'll just watch the Olympics. Hopefully chat with my friend and go to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment