Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ramblings about my week

I can't believe another week has gone by between blog entries. Things seem to be going a mile a minute right now. Crackers and Juice (aka Tempy) came to visit for the weekend. She has an awesome designing talent and hand designed my wedding invitations. Not being near as artistic as she is, she flew down to print them, cut them, and help me assemble them (well, really I think I helped her assemble them). A project that should have taken about a day and a half ended up taking almost 3 days due to ignorant people in this redneck town I'm currently living in. We ran into issues at FedEx with their inability to correctly cut the special paper Tempy ordered for me, issues at Hobby Lobby changing their ribbon color and style slightly while claiming it's the exact same thing, and issues finding a stupid UHU glue stick at office stores that claimed to be carriers. I don't think I could have kept away the tears and laughed so hard if Tempy wasn't with me. Well, the DQ blizzard helped some too.

Sunday night I took Tempy to the airport so she could fly home and then headed off to meet my fiancee. I threw him and his roommate a joint birthday party Sunday night. Not as many people could make it as I hoped, but everyone loved the restaurant that I picked!

Monday was middle schoolers and therapy. Tuesdays was middle schoolers and fiancee's actual birthday. I had assumed we'd go out to dinner but silly boy forgot that Tuesday was his actual birthday and made plans for us to meet with a couple who is doing some informal pre-marital counseling with us. We both really respect this couple and the dinner and meeting with them was great. It was very intense, and of course I ended up in tears at one point. Seems I do that all too often these days.

The conversation actually helped me gain some clarity on some bigger issues for me. We didn't get everything resolved last night, so of course my mind started obsessing on how I probably handled things wrong and was overreacting to everything fiancee said. My dear friend Emily let me call her and cry into the phone for an hour and helped me sort through what was craziness in my head, what was trauma related, and what was completely validated.

I spent last night and all day today in prayer asking God for peace and wisdom and was able to have a very beneficial conversation with fiancee tonight. Whew! It was an excellent way to end the day b/c I need a good night's sleep. I had therapy this morning (therapist was very helpful in helping me tease things out better too) then went to work and saw 4 clients, then went to class, then went to get clarity on a cell phone bill and made it home at the exact same time fiancee got to my place.

Tomorrow I'm working all day and going to Bible study in the evening. It's hard for me to get motivated for bible study in the evening b/c I'm usually spent at the end of the day, but when I go it's so rewarding. Friday after work, I'm picking up my soon to be mother-in-law at the airport and we're headed to my hometown for a couple of wedding showers. I'll drop her off at the airport on Monday and things will start up all over again.

Hope it's not another week before I blog again, but it might be. No worries. I'm still here. Just crazy busy!!!!!

1 comment: