Friday, March 26, 2010

My Voice For Today

Ahh... allergies... Yep, it's that time of year and apparently this new city that I'm living in blooms the exact things that I'm allergic to. Lucky me. I lost my voice Wed night and it has yet to return, so for now typing is my best form of communication.

It is amazing that when I get sick it seems so much easier to prioritize things, and things that seemed so important beforehand fall to the wayside without a second thought. I've been sleeping so much more this week during the daytime, but all of the "important" stuff is still getting done. I finished my homework assignment earlier in the week than I normally do. I still have a mid-term due by midnight on Sunday, but I'm not worried about it getting done. Wedding stuff is coming along, so yeah, I'm on top of things.

But I HATE not being able to talk. Verbal communication is how I stay connected to 95% of the people in my life that I care about. On days when I can't be in the physical presense of others, I always have my phone or Skype or some other way to communicate with others and feel connected.

Laringitis is my worst enemy! LOL! Okay, I can probably think of much worse things, but it is one of the few physical ailments that affects me mentally as well because I feel cut off from the rest of the world against my will.... Hmmm, bet if it dug hard enough there's some past memory and/or issue related to being cut off from the rest of the world against my will. However, since I'm sick and it's Friday, I think I'll wait and go there with therapist on Monday.

Hopefully resting all day today and tomorrow, along with staying inside and away from everything that's blooming will help my voice to return and my body to heal faster. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment