Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blogging

Tonight we're in class learning how to blog. hee hee!

So, I decided since I already have a few different blogs, I'd post a blog entry rather than practice embedding Youtube videos.

Sorry I've been out of touch. School has keeping me crazy busy, and I haven't done a good job of being in touch with things internally. We've been in our new city about a month and I noticed yesterday that internal stuff is creeping back in. I know this is good. I've been ignoring my internal world for too long, but it was oh so nice to just feel "normal" and not have any major internal issues going on.

I also am in my 3rd week officially working as a counselor and seeing clients again. I haven't seen clients in 4 years. Ack! I'm nervous before each session starts, but I'm really loving the job! A couple of my clients, I have no idea how I'm going to help, but they seem so grateful just to have someone to listen. One I think I can relate to a lot, and I'm working on making sure I stay in therapist role and not - a friend with "ooh ooh, let me tell you what worked for me and try this."  That's not my role in this relationship. I must admit that I am very relieved, at least at this point, that I am loving seeing clients rather than feeling stressed out or being triggered.

Oh, we're moving onto discussing our article critiques. Better get back to class. Will try to get back into a routine of posting regularly.

Take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment