Monday, October 5, 2009

Deployment sucks!

So, I don't know how many of you watch the news or keep up with what's going on in Afghanistan, but for those of you that do, my fiance was one of the soldiers fighting in that deadly battle in Northern Afghanistan this weekend. Praise God he is safe, but they lost one of their own this weekend. First one of their guys lost in the 10 months they've been deployed. They are very blessed to have all stayed so far, but it just brings this war so much closer to home for me. Only 2 months left in his deployment. I've done really well so far, but maybe because things are getting worse over there and because the end is in sight, my fears for fiance's safety are growing.

I'm so afraid he's not going to come home to me. This isn't an unrealistic fear, but I do believe it is an unlikely fear. I really just want him home RIGHT NOW!!!! I don't want to wait 2 more months. But I need to stay strong and I need to be upbeat and positive when talking to him. I feel keeping his morale up is the best way I can support him right now. But it's getting hard, and I'm tired of being strong.

Why can't this stupid war just be over? Don't get me wrong. I am SO PROUD of fiance and everything he is doing and what he is fighting for, but I'm tired. I just want him home and I just want things to be normal, and I HATE already talking about plans for his next deployment!

2 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like for you, having him over there so close to danger. I panic if my boyfriend is away for more than a day. I can understand you wanting him home!
    You both are very brave.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazingly strong to handle it as well as you do. It must be so hard for both of you. I greatly admire those who stand up for what they believe in and am so grateful for those who are fighting for me peace of mind and body.

    I'm keeping you both in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete